Cross Cultural Solutions - Peru

Cross Cultural Solutions - Peru
International Volunteer Program

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Almost Time to Go



The months became weeks and the weeks became days and soon it will be hours till I leave the United States and travel abroad.  In the beginning the idea of international volunteer work intrigued me and got me thinking, could I do it? For weeks I thought about it and wondered do I have the passion and ability to leave all that I know behind and travel to a foreign country? Perhaps equally as important who can I trust to guide me through this process and give me the tools necessary to succeed? I have confidence in myself and my abilities and knew that I absolutely could travel abroad and become an international volunteer with the right organization. I chose Cross Cultural Solutions, why? Simple, they are the one organization I could learn more about, provide a Better Business Bureau rating, offer numerous positive affiliations and happy alumni’s who’ve traveled the world helping others. From the moment of initial contact when I requested my brochure I felt welcomed and at ease with my decision to volunteer with Cross Cultural Solutions. Each step of the way I was given tools and resources necessary to succeed and I always felt I could approach CCS staff with questions about my trip.

Now, the time has come to leave behind all that I know as part of my life here in the United States. I could not be more excited for the experiences, friendships and new challenges that await me in Lima, Peru. Join me as I count down the final days and hours till I become an international volunteer at "Anjo Gabriel" Special Education School in San Juan de Miraflores.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me along the way and made this dream a reality. I wouldn’t be where I am today without your support. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment